Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Griffin Overweight, but Expects to be Ready for Rua in Rio

Along with his dry wit, another feature of Griffin’s stuck out during his trip: his clearly overweight silhouette, something that has been bothering the fighter of late.
“I definitely put on more weight than I would like,” Griffin told Sherdog.com. “I need to cut weight and it won’t be easy. I’ll have a lot of problems until the fight in Brazil, but I’ve gotta do it. I don’t want to fight at heavyweight, so I gotta cut that f--king weight.”
Griffin’s worry over the weight-cut and potential reduction in stamina is explained by his strategy to wear Rua down over the course of their three-round fight.
“He’s one of the best fighters ever,” Griffin said of his opponent, who he submitted in September 2007. “He has a blitz style. He goes forward. He’s dangerous. I gotta make him move backward and let’s see what happens. I want to go hard for all 15 minutes of the fight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment