Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 25, 2011



At Saturday's post-event press conference, UFC president Dana White discussed a possible Jackson rematch with Rua.
"[Rampage] and I just talked about [fighting 'Shogun' Rua in Japan] when he was back there getting stitched up," . "[Shogun] is fighting Dan Henderson in San Jose, so we'll see what happens there.
"What Rampage said to me was, 'I want to fight in that Japan fight.' I said, 'Cool.' I'm never going to argue with you when you tell me you want to fight."
Rampage was plain in his goal "It would be very special because I've got a lot of respect for Shogun. That's been one that's haunted me for a long time. So I want to rematch Shogun in Japan ... That would be like a dream come true."
The potential for the match up should become clearer after Shogun fights Dan Henderson in the main event of UFC 139 in November.
Rampage and Shogun fought in April 2005 in a middleweight grand prix bout in Pride, with Shogun winning via soccer kicks.
source: www.mmajunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment