Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 8, 2011

UFC 136 Results: Jose Aldo Shuts Down Florian’s Third Crack At UFC Gold


In the co-main event of the evening, Jose Aldo was able to shut down Kenny “Kenflo” Florian’s third opportunity at UFC gold.
The fight itself was reminiscent of what Florian tried against B.J. Penn in his second title fight, but the results were both with Florian ending up with a loss.
After a grueling five round bout, the judges awarded Aldo a unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
“It played out great, he’s a very strategic fighter, so he’s a very smart and experienced guy, so I just had to go in there and impose my game,” Aldo said post-fight.
“I expected him to try to pin me against the cage. I saw him try to do that against B.J. Penn and he did the exact same thing, and I just had to defend it. He was always trying to take me down, I knew I could land more kicks but I had to defend takedowns.”
After the win over Florian, Aldo defended his UFC title for the second time and continues to solidify him as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport.
source: mmawekly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment