Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Miguel Torres Issues Apology After UFC Firing


According to UFC president Dana White, Torres told UFC officials that it was just a joke. Well, the joke wasn’t so funny to White, leading him to fire Torres.
“If that’s your sense of humor, keep it at home around your buddies and keep it to yourself. It’s not something you put out on Twitter. And there’s no explanation for it. I can’t make any sense of it,” White said in an interview on MMAFighting.com.
Torres has since issued a public apology on his official website:
“I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, I have my beautiful wife and daughter, my family, my health, my gym, and in terms of my career, I succeeded to the biggest stage in the sport of mixed martial arts, the Ultimate Fighting Championship.  I am very sorry for upsetting my bosses at the UFC, and also to my fans and everyone else who was upset by the language in my tweets.  I understand it was wrong, and I meant no harm or disrespect.  Given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to make things right. I am going to learn from this.  I think life throws you opportunities that can make you a better person, and so that’s what I’m going to do here. That is how I am going to react. I am going to use this to improve myself, and I hope that my fans will continue to support me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment