Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 22, 2012


"Absolutely, I think it was the right decision for me and I think nowadays it's a rare thing as an athlete to get to go out on your own terms and choose when your last fight is going to be and not have somebody else tell you can't do it anymore, either for injury or if you sustained a couple of losses in the sport of MMA and everybody's chattering that you should retire, especially at 48. So I kind of chose that this was going to be the last one, win, lose or draw and I am very comfortable with the decision."
"He is certainly on the right track. This was a big step up in competition for him. Conor Heun is no slouch, he is a very, very good fighter. He's been around a while, he's fought some top guys like K.J. Noons and others, so most people saw Ryan as the underdog going into this fight. He had a great camp, it was fun to see the peak for him coming on and then to go out and have the performance that he had. I think it's only going to get tougher for him from here on out and I think he is up for it. He's a smart kid, he does the work, he is very diligent and he has a strong passion for the sport."
"Nah, I mean, things work out the way they are supposed to work out. I got so many examples of that in my life. It just never worked out, and you know, it is what it is. I don't have any regrets. I wish then when we were both kind of at our peak, if it would have happened it would have been something special, the cards didn't just come out that way."
source: mmamania

No comments:

Post a Comment